Saturday, March 01, 2003
I have been so busy counting the days untill I get my car out of storage, that I haven't been noticing how nice and enjoyable it is to drive my "winter car". Relaxing, actually. It seems I've forgotten the mild paranoia that accompanies driving a "classic car", and the work that goes along with it too. Like detailing it every day, all summer. Every day. I seemed to forget about the worry of someone scratching it while it's parked in a lot somewhere, or some asshole smashing into it on the street. I forgot about peeking out the window all day while at work, to make sure no one's screwing around with it. Now don't get me wrong, I love my Vette, and it's a blast to own and drive, but there's a price to pay also. So I figure I'm just going to enjoy driving my winter ride while I can. It's already scratched, so if someone dings it, hell I won't even notice. I hope no one smashes into it, but if they do, it will piss me off to have the air bag smack me in the face. I haven't washed it all winter, (except for when Hubbs ran it through a car wash a week ago), and it doesn't look bad dirty. All my winter ride wants is a tank of gas, an oil change and washer fluid. That's it. Get in and go. And no need to peek out the window. Not even once!
 
posted by Barbie C. at 1:02 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: