Monday, June 14, 2004
Six days smoke free and I haven't killed anyone
Well, as of 1am this morning it will be six days of no smoking for me. This is a miracle, especially since I'm doing it "cold turkey" to boot. I never figured I could do this without help of some sort. Go figure. It's not easy, believe me, but it's very rewarding. I literally have to go from minute to minute, as one moment everything is great, and the next I'm suddenly blindsided by a terrible urge....and I get anxious for awhile. Sometimes I get really pissed. I have to take deep breaths 'till it passes, which even though it only takes a few moments, sometimes it feel like forever. Being addicted to something sucks. Getting away from it is no easy matter, but I know I can do this. I will not go back. I've come too far now. I just need to make it through today.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 1:27 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: