Friday, September 28, 2001
Sometimes I wish my life was more exciting. And other times, I'm really happy that it's comfy and predictable. I would make a very good Gemini. Glad I'm not one though, as I live with one and they are freakin' nuts! Like two nuts in one. Anyway, as I was making my way to Wal Mart tonight, I started thinking how simple and kinda mundane my everyday happenings are. I live in a very quiet area, in a little cottage by a lake. I go to work each day, always arrive on time, never break the rules, put in my hours and head straight home afterwards. On my days off, I clean the house and try to cook a couple of decent meals. In my free time, I'm working on my sites, reading or gardening. Napping and daydreaming....ya, I do alot of those too. I try to always put my hubby and son before anything else. I have one best friend...she lives on the other side of the trees. Really, she does. Most of the time, I just love this way of life.......slow and easy. Predictable. Cozy. But at other times, I long for the excitement of a time long ago. Living on the edge, in the fast lane. I was a blurr. Constant motion, never knowing where fate wouild take me. The funny part of it is, when I was in that place, I kinda longed to be right where I am now. Could this be a mid-life crisis? I don't think so. Just a mid-life reflection. It's kinda fun to think about the wild and crazy times....no responsibilities, just freedom. But to be honest, I wouldn't go back there for anything. I love my cozy, comfy place. Predictable as it is.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 12:58 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: