Saturday, October 18, 2003
Puppies & Pains
Well, I guess the best way to start any story is from the beginning. The only problem is, and this is why I'm not a friggin' writer, is that I'm not a detail person. I don't like to write in detail, I should say. So, in lieu of alot of details, I'll just stick to the facts.


Over the past few months, alot of changes have been occuring in my world. Some good, and some not so good. As far as the good goes, our family got a new addition in August. Her name is Bitsy, and she's a feisty, and adorable chihuahua/schnauzer/??? mixed little mutt. She's such a joy to have around, although at times she wears us out with all her energy, and puppy curiousity. I'd forgotten how much work a new puppy is, even though the rewards far outnumber the frustrating times. Still, she can be a handful. Especially in the nipping department. She's 4 months old now, and nipping is one of her bad habits that we're trying to get control of. Her puppy teeth are sharp as nails, and when she takes a bite at your nose..............that shit hurts!! Anyway, we love her to "bits"!!


As usual, I've always been one to be full of surprises. Well I had one hell of a surprise on September 11th. I had a heart attack at 9PM on the way home from work. Like I said before, I'm not a detail person, so again I'll just give the facts. First and foremost, I'll always be eternally grateful to my son Nick for taking control of the situation, and calmly getting me help, and staying with me untill 4:30 in the morning, when I was finally admitted to a room. I'll never forget his bravery, in what had to be a totally freaked out situation for him. The 4 days I spent in the hospital are pretty much a blurr now....... of restless nights, endless bloodwork and blood pressure tests, Hubby, Nick amd Amanda visiting me, the lady in my room gasping for air and gagging day and night, and bland hospital food. My only respit was down the hall in the visitors lounge where they had a computer with internet access. At least I could limp down and check my e-mail and some of my favorite sites to pass the time. I limped because my right leg was sore from the procedure where they inserted two stents into a vein in my heart. They go up into an artery in your leg to do this. I don't remember the surgery as the meds just knocked me flat. I was really glad to be let out of tht place. You can't get any fuckin' sleep there!

So anyway, here I am, feeling pretty damn good, and pretty much back to "normal" except for no heavy lifting, and being on a low fat diet. Oh yeah, and Cardio Rehab three times a week, which I find to be a royal pain in my ass. thank god that will end in like a week or so. As far as work is concerned, I go back next Saturday, which I'm dreading beyond belief. I hope I can sweat out this month, get fired, and collect unemployment for at least 26 weeks, while I look for a job I will enjoy going to everyday. Or not, we'll see. Hubbs says I really don't have to work if I don't want to, and he's really enjoyed me being at home this month and a half. I must say, I have too. But I know that sooner or later, I'd have to get out of the house. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 2:02 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: