Tuesday, June 22, 2004
I was denied!!
I can't believe this shit. In fact, it happened to me twice! Here's the story. I wanted to join this support group for quitting smoking. It has a forum and chat and stuff and I thought that it would benefit me to talk to others who have quit, especially when I'm having on of my rough times. Well, their directions are sketchy for getting into this "group", as far as these pledge forms you have to fill out and shit. I couldn't find a link, I didn't know it was a copy & pate thingy. Good fuckin' grief. Hell, if all this aggravation to join the quit smoking forum doesn't make you wanna light up again, nuthin' will sister. (No I didn't do it....Not gonna happen here.) Back to story. So I fill in all this shit, and send it back and guess what???????? I get fuckin' rejected not only once....but 4 times!!!! Can you believe that shit??? I'm soooo pissed. I wanted to write them a nasty letter, but I think then I'll just sound like an asshole, and they'll just say "Well we don't need the likes of psycho bitch on our boards anyway". Yet I'm still pissed. What to do?AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH! Their name is WhyQuit.com. Hell yeah, after they get done with you , that's the question your asking yourself......why friggin'quit??????AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH! Here's an excerpt from the letter they sent me:

"We've received your application to join Freedom but unfortunately must deny it as it does not contain the important information requested in our left margin link page entitled "Join after 72 hours." Freedom is an education oriented nicotine-free forum and we use member applications as a means to not only keep the forum nicotine-free but to make sure that those applying for membership fully understand our relapse policy, the law of addiction, and our forum's courtesies and rules. Unlike most forums Freedom is highly structured with tremendous focus where each and every member post relates to a single topic - freedom from nicotine.
Freedom isn't right for everyone and we know that. If after reading Freedom's policies and rules you decide that Freedom is too structured or just isn't right for you, please know that all of our postings and education resources will always remain available for your use whether a member or not. If you're looking for an anything goes type forum or one with a bit less structure we've compiled a list of some of the larger 100% free forums at the following link - http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksKBB.html

Your application for membership in Freedom From Tobacco - Quit Smoking Now was denied by the group's manager.

*Here's their advice if you don't get into the group*What else can I do?
Search for other groups to join or create a group of your own."


This is so damn aggravating that I'm laughing my ass off at how stupid this is. Yet I'm still pissed. I really think I'm gonna write that letter.

 
posted by Barbie C. at 12:06 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: