Saturday, October 16, 2004
Bradbury babble.
I've been getting back into borrowing books from the library,(fall always brings out my love for a good book!), and one of the titles I checked out last week was Ray Bradburys "Something wicked this way comes", thinking it sounded like a great Halloween-time read. Well, I'm sure it would have been if I didn't have to read and re-read alot of Rays flowery worded sentences. Damn. Maybe it's my mid-life brain getting all tangled up in the colorful descriptions of, well, fuckin' everything. I dunno. I just want to sit down with a good book, that has a good story to tell, and that flows along to a great ending. If I have to read a sentence four friggin' times, to figure out what the author's trying to convey, the book's going back on the shelf. This one flew back. I've checked out one more of his books, "The October Country". If this reads the same, I think I'm done with reading Ray.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 1:36 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: