Sunday, January 13, 2002

Born to be Wild

Another lovely day off today.........God I love these days off. I need to find a job I love, not just one that pays the bills. Anyway, I think Hubbs and I are going to take a ride down to Corvette City today and walk the lot, just to see what they have out there. Spring is just around the corner and I wanna have plenty of cruisin time with my new baby this year. I got my car back on thursday and the tranny shifts like a dream now. Amen! I am soooo friggin' happy to have my own car back, you have no idea. The mechanic that did my tranny was nice enuff to bring it home for me, so I rode him back to his house. We were talking cars and stuff, and he said "I gotta show you what I have in my garage". Hmmmmm.....got my curiousity peaked??? So we pull in the drive, open the garage door, and there he has a Buick Grand National! Beautiful car, and fast as hell right from the factory. God it was a sight. I looked in the door and I saw a NOS sticker on the dash. "Hey, you run nitrous in this..no wonder it's as fast as you say", I told him. "Never used it" he said. "I'll bring it over in the summer and let you have it for a weeked....go cruise around a bit". "Are you nuts", I said in shock!!?? "Nah, No problem" he said kinda matter of fact like. I can't wait. Well, there it is. I'm becoming a "gear head" again, just like I was 25 years ago. Most women in their 40's have a career and take up hobbies like gardening, or painting or something. Not me, nah, I gotta take up auto mechanics and driving "Muscle Cars". And no this isn't some kind of "Mid-Life Crisis' bullshit. I just miss the grease under my nails and the excitement of a rumbling engine under the hood.........and this time it's gonna be mine all mine. And that makes it even sweeter. Those that know me well, will just shake their heads and grin. Doesn't surprise 'em a bit.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 12:03 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: