Wednesday, June 19, 2002
I brought Laurels ashes home today. It was a bitter sweet experience. It was very hard to go to the Vets, and have them hand me a small white box. I went in with a dog, and left with a box. I drove her home in my 'Vette, and I drove slowly, in silence, as a tribute to my old friend on her last ride. I opened the box in the house, and was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful "urn" they had put her ashes in. It's a beautiful pottery piece, highly glazed, with muted colors of blues and browns. Very pretty. They were also kind enough to include a nice card with her paw print on the front, a beautiful verse inside, and a tiny bag of her fur. I put everything on our buffet, along with her photo, and her favorite ball..........amongst our family photos. She was indeed family. The circle is complete. My girl is home.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 12:20 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: