Friday, September 27, 2002
I gotta tell ya, I had a really nice time on my little getaway, and I got the impression that my parents enjoyed themselves as well. The drive down was really relaxing, and the Vettester ran like a dream. She sure loves the highway! I got in around 3:15, and we had coffee and talked awhile. My Mom told me that if I didn't mind, we were going out to my Aunt Pats house for a visit. Hell I didn't mind at all, as I haven't seen her since last year at NIcks graduation party. We discussed dinner, and decided that we were going to eat out at Old Country Buffet, which is up near my Aunts house. Dinner was good, and I made a second plate, which I haven't done for months. I skipped dessert though, and it was a bit rough going, as my Mom had a wonderful piece of cheesecake for her dessert, and it was hard for me not to go and get myself a piece too. But I hung tough, and went outside for a smoke instead. We went into a few small shops in the plaza there, which was nice. We drove over to my Aunts house, and when we went in, she screamed, "Barbie!", and gave me a huge hug and kiss! Wow, that was nice. We visited for about 2 hours or so, then drove back to my folks place, where I hit the sheets around 11:30, exhausted from going to bed too late the night before.


On Thursday, I got up at 9A.M., as we had to be at the fire hall by 10:30 for lunch set -up. My folks belong to a seniors group that has their lunches every weekday at the fire hall, and when I'm in for a visit, I love to go have lunch with them. They are all so sweet, and very entertaining! The only thing is, the meals are mediocre to say the least, but I eat it all, smile and say it was great anyway. I figure it wouldn't be very nice to say, "damn, lunch sucked again!" For some of them, it's probably the best thing they eat all day. Well, we left there around 12:30 and headed to a re-sale shop a few minutes away, where we browsed and had a nice time looking at some pretty decent things, I must say. I ended up buying a nice black and white houndstooth print skirt, (brand new with tag still on!) for $2.00, and a cool pair of earrings. My Mom got a pretty heart bracelet and Dad came away with a pair of dress slacks. A nice time, and I didn't spend alot of ching. ( I wore the skirt to work today, and it looked great!) We headed back to the house after about an hour in the shop, and just kinda got my things together and gabbed a bit more. I was pissed because it was raining and it just wouldn't let up at all. Shit. Well, I headed for home at 4:15 P.M., driving in the rain till I was almost half way here. By the time I got home, my car was almost dry, (thanks to a good wax job, that water just blew off!), so I didn't have to wipe her down when I got in. Amen for that, because I was a bit "road weary" and just wanted to unwind a bit before doing laundry and getting things ready for work today. I had a really nice time, and I'm so glad that I made up my mind to just do it. I need to do this sort of thing more often.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 8:50 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: