Monday, August 30, 2004
We warmed the house...
The housewarming get-together at Shawn & Faith's new home was a complete success! We really had a wonderful time, and I believe everyone who was there did too. It even stopped raining right before we arrived, and it held off all day until everyone was about to leave. I wish my son and his girlfriend would have come, as alot of people asked where they were, and they would have had a super time. But anyway, the plaque I made for them was a huge hit. They loved it it pieces, and Faith told me that she has the perfect spot to hang it in already. It made me feel so good to see them smile when they opened it! I knew it was perfect for their home, at that moment. *sigh of relief!* We got the grand tour almost as soon as we walked in, as Shawn was anxious to show off his new "castle", and as well he should as the place is just beautiful. Not over the top, stuffy beautiful, but simple, clean, young -couple -decorated- it- in- a Crate and Barrel/ Pier One/ Urban type of way. There is alot of taupes and cream, light hardwood floors, white carpet (*yikes!!*), cherry wood in the livingroom and formal diningroom with burgundy leather sofa and loveseat. In the kitchen, light wood cabinets, black granite counter tops (fingerprint HELL people!), black appliances, you get the picture. (I have photos to show, but they're not downloaded yet.) But like I said, very comfortable. Nice. I give them props as they basically re-did the whole place from top to bottom......themselves, and a couple of relatives. I was dripping sweat as they described the things they did. Damn. Too much work for my ass. If I look for another house, and my first thought after seeing it it'"Well, if we re-do the whole fuckin' thing it will be lovely", guess what, we're moving along to look at the next one in line. No shit. But hey, they're young, so goodie for them for having the energy, and obviously the $cashola$ to get 'er done, eh? Oh, and while we were just a gabbing away, my brother-in- law informs us that he and the wife are going to Aruba in October. Oh goodie.

The food was good too. Can't forget to mention the edibles. We had all kinds of tasty dips and salads to munch on all afternoon and grilled chicken, burgers, hot dogs and corn on the cob for dinner. Yummy indeed! Did I mention that Shawn, bless his young never ever made a textbook mixed drink in his life but I didn't know, made me one of the grossest tasting drinks I've ever had in my life? I drank it like a good Aunt of course, and as time passed I didn't even notice. I think it was orange vodka, triple sec and friggin' Coke. COKE. I swear I saw this kid mix everything with Coke. After the fact. This shit I was drinking should have been mixed with Sprite, 7 Up, Ginger Ale. Not friggin' Coke. I survived, and caught a nice buzz, so all was not lost. We headed home around 7, had a nice ride home and enjoyed watching Kill Bill on DVD. By this time my awsome orange and coke buzz was gone, damn it.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 12:00 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: