Thursday, January 06, 2005
A perfect day.....
I had the nicest birthday yesterday. To me, it was just perfect. The only thing that would have made it nicer, was if my parents and brother could have been here to share it with me (us). Other than that, I had a wonderful day. I spent the day at home just tinkering around the house. Picking up a bit here and there. For some reason I'm in the mood to tidy up the house. I know, weird. Anyway, we (Hubby, Nick and Amanda, and I) went to the local chinese restaurant for dinner, where I learned to eat with chop sticks. Go me! I've always wanted to learn, and I figure 47 isn't too late, right? I think I did really well, and I didn't even get any on my top. This is a true miracle in itself. (Ha Nick, you lost that bet, eh?) We went home after a filling buffet, and I was surprised with a very generous Mall gift certificate from Nick & Amanda,(Thank you, Thank you, Tahnk you!!!), and my Hubby surprised me with an Edelbrock high performance carb and intake manifold, (well the photos anyway, untill the order arrives), that he ordered for my 'Vette, to be installed by him in the Spring. WoW! I thought he was getting me cell phone headphones. I was actually looking forward the headphones, so the car stuff really caught me off guard. Wooo. (Thank you, Thank you, Thank you honey!) After all the wondeful shocks, I got a beautiful cake, we all sang and had cake and then sat in the livingroom gabbing, which I enjoyed very, very much. We haven't all sat around just chatting about everything and/or anything for a long time, and it felt really nice. No conflict, no debates. It was good. My birthday was one to remember, thanks to those I love, showing me their love. I love you all, with all my heart.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 1:56 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: