Saturday, October 06, 2001

Celebrate Halloween? Need a Platinum card!

Is it me, or has Halloween turned into a major retail bonanza over the last few years?! When I was a kid, we dressed up and went around to houses that had the paper cut-outs in the windows, and a nicely carved and illuminated pumpkin outside the front door. Today, it's a real "keep up with the Jonse's," full blown, animated, illuminated gobblin bonanza, that starts in September! I've seen trailing lights, flashing ghosts of all shapes and sizes, whole front yards that look like a cemetery, fog machines, well you get the picture. Now I am in no way knocking these creative folks. Hey, if you want to bust your ass to hang up all this stuff, more power to ya! All I'm saying is that it has gotten so commercialized...just like Christmas. I live out in the sticks...no street lights, tar chip roads through the woods, spooky any night of the year. Halloween night it's double spooky. I personally think that all this "Vegas style" Halloween decor takes away from the best fright doctor of them all...one's imagination. Imagination is free. For everything else....there's MasterCard.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 11:36 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: