Wednesday, January 16, 2002
They called me from the car audio place, and said that my car was ready. Woohoo! Well, my son didn't get out of work for another hour, so I decided to hoof it down to the shop. Now realize that the shop is only about a mile or so from my house, but the fact that it it very cold out and I haven't done any serious "hoofing it" in a long time mad it a bit of a challenge for me. Like, since I smoke, will I have a friggin' heart attack on the way over, and be left in the ditch for days, or at least untill the snow melts? Could happen. So to cover myself, I called my son and left a message in his voice-mail, to search the ditches along the road if I wasn't home by 6. Good plan huh? I thought so. Needless to say, I arrived there in one (frozen) piece, and AJ showed me how to use the remote to start my car, etc. I nodded, and said "uh huh" a few times, and I was on my way. Ten minutes later, I was calling him saying, "Uh, what was that little button on the bottom for again"? He was very patient in answering my questions, but I'm sure as hell he was thinking "dumbass". Oh well. I'm not a dumbass, but my memory is shot to hell. I think it happened in the 70's or there abouts. Dunno. I can't remember. See. Happened again! Tonight I'm gonna head up to Fashion Bug for a bit, do a bit of "browsing", so I'll get to give it a road test. I'm glad I didn't get a car alarm. Man, you screw up on those things, everyone within a 20 mile radius knows you're a dweeb-o. And even if someone was stealing your car, no one would notice. They would just think it was someone with a new alarm, look over, grin, and go right back to doing whatever. Well, off to make dinner, then spend a bit of time at "The Bug". Browsing, Yeah. *wink wink*
 
posted by Barbie C. at 5:32 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: