Thursday, June 20, 2002
Well I had one hell of a scare at work yesterday. Around 1pm or so, I got some pains in my chest that brought me to my knees. Damn they were wicked. Joy, my wonderful co-worker and friend, did everything she possibly could to make me comfortable, and help me any way she could. I didn't know what to do, I was freakin' out. (she asked if I needed to go to the hospital, but being a chicken-shit, I said no) I went into the bathroom and layed on the floor, then I went to the recliner isle and stretched out on a recliner for a bit. This was much more comfortable for me, but it was akward as all hell being in a furniture show room with customers strolling by. At the time I didn't care, as at least I was more comfortable than on the bathroom floor. Finally I asked if I could recline in Joys car for a bit, as I had my Vette and that was out of the question. Boss said yeah, Joy said yeah, so out we went to her car, where she opened the windows for me and I reclined the seat. This felt great for awhile........the pain was subsiding, but I was feeling waves of nausea from time to time. My mindset was to head to the bushes if need be. The whole time I felt very out of control because I was at work and away from the comforts of home. Finally I decided that I had to make a break for it and head home. Come hell or high water, I was gonna get my ass home! So I staggered in and told the boss, "I'm outta here", got my stuff and headed out to the car. I threw my shoes in the car, ripped off my jacket, and hit the road. I don't even remember driving at all..........just pulling in the drive, dashing in the house and right into bed. By this time I was feeling better, but I needed to sleep. Thank god, after 4 hours of hell, the pain was gone. I was home. God I thought I was gonna die in a furniture store. Thank goodness for my friends.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 11:47 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: