Thursday, October 18, 2001
Well, as of today, I'm steering clear of fast food establishments. It's not that I don't love fast food, casuse I do. But some cosmic influences are causing me to have bad experiences, almost every time I try to get a freakin order of fries or a burger. Consider my experiences in the past....go to Arbys, order roast beef sandwhich with horsey sauce on the side. Pay and pick up order, pull away approx. 15 feet or so to check bag. I discover that there's no sauce in bag and decide to back up to the window to ask for sauce. Backing up was my first major mistake. While watching the big yellow cement pillar hickeys in my rear view, I slam into the friggin metal counter with a loud crash, taking out my left tail light. Holy shit! Well like a good person, I glance into the window, nobody there.....bolt like a bat outta hell! I knew I didn't do any damage to the counter, so I figured since I was the "damaged party" I would just haul my embaressed ass outta there. Tuesday, I head to Wendys for lunch. (figured I'd avoid Arbys) I order, drive up to the window and hand the chickie a $10. Well, blondie let go of the bill and it goes flying up in the air and all over the parking lot. Now I can't just jump out of the Jeepster as I'm wearing a dress, and leaping over the shifter and out the side door was not an option. And I can't get out the drivers door, as I'm about 7 inches from her window. Patrons behind me are just sitting there, blondie is screaming, "it's on top of your Jeep", and flailing her arms. All this and I have to be back to work in like, ummm, 10 minutes ago. Well, this Wendys employee fellow pops out the side door to give another patron their dinner, and I jumped on the oppourtunity. "Hey, you there, my money....grab it" I yell at him, pointing to my ten spot doing another fly-by over-head. To make a long story short, he grabbed the bill for me, after a few acrobatic moves in the parking lot, and saved the day. I got back to work late, but the boss found my story amusing. (I'm sure he'll use the word amusing in my "write up".) Okay, on to Wednesday. I buzz by McDonalds just to grab one of their salad shakers...no biggie, right?? Yeah. Do the usual, pay, pick up order, leave. I get over to work, open the bag, and the asshole gave me the wrong salad! I paid for the more expensive one and he gave me the garden salad. And no dressing to boot! Well, I'm starved and I have no time to run back over and correct the mistake,( boss wouldn't have found this story amusing....nah) so I ate it while fuming. So you see, I have tried to eat at many different fast food places, but the results are always the same for me.......bad karma. (no pun intended) So today I pulled out my insulated lunch bag, filled it full of goodies, and no drive thru window will I see. Of course, I haven't tried just going in and ordering....maybe I'd have better luck.......nah.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 11:10 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: