Monday, February 07, 2005
What Rock & Roll crypt ....
did someone drag sir Paul Mcartney out of, just in time to perform at the Super Bowl yesterday? Are you kidding me??!!! I could smell the moth balls through my TV set. I couldn't believe my ears, when I heard the announcer say that he was the halftime entertainment. Now dont get me wrong, the Beatles were huge in their time, and still have fans to this day, as I'm sure good ole Paul does too. But p-l-e-a-s-e, this is the friggin' Super Bowl, and I'm sure the producers get a "super budget" to spend on half-time entertainment, wouldn't ya think? And I'm sure there are stars all over the world that woul kill to play at the Super Bowl, and the best they could come up with was musty, old, AARP card carryin' Sir Paul. I think they're concern over another wardrobe malfunction completely turned them in the wrong direction. Well, at least the fireworks and the commercials were prety good. Gotta love those chimps!
 
posted by Barbie C. at 10:53 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I couldn't agree more. I used to be a huge Beatles fan, and I still enjoy their music, but he was just pathetic last night. Besides, that's NOT the kind of music to play at the Super Bowl!! HELLO!? Who on earth thought that "Baby you can drive my car", "Live & Let Die", and "Hey Jude" (which I happen to love) are the type of songs to play at a hyped-up sports event!??!! NO! It's supposed to be like, "We will rock you" kind of music, duh!

    I think they were just going OVERBOARD to compensate for last year's incident -- like, I can almost hear them in the board room, "Who's the oldest, crustiest, least-threatening singer who'll appeal to all the over the hill conservatives who freaked out about last years 'wardrobe malfunction' -- Sir Paul McCartney, of course!" Durr.