Monday, September 17, 2001
Well I'm back from a little "mental vacation",and my head seems to be a bit clearer now. I needed time to just let this all sink in and try to sort it out in some way. It got to the point where I just couldn't read about it, listen to it or even discuss it any more. So I tried to find a quiet place each day, ( through a bit of meditation), and I cleared my mind and calmed my soul. I couldn't even sit down to blog, as all my words led, in one regard or another, to Tuesdays attack. There's nothing I could say, that hadn't already been said in a thousand different ways. Different people, different places, different pages....so different, yet all the same. Today I felt peaceful amidst the confusion. My thoughts turning toward more mundane, everyday kinda things...a welcome diversion indeed. I feel the need to funnel all my energy into showing extra care and concern to all the people in my life. No matter what the context. Perhaps I've started my own type of rescue effort, in my own little corner of the world, with what I have the power to affect and change...now. I've changed how I love, how I forgive, how I listen, and how I live. I know I can't change the whole world, but I can have a positive effect on those I see everyday.
 
posted by Barbie C. at 11:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: