Wednesday, February 27, 2002
Thank goodness I'm finally starting to feel like myself again! The past two weeks have been pure hell on the work front, therefore the lack of posts here. first off, one of my co-workers was on vacation for 12 days and another ended up in the hospital for major surgery, leaving only three of us working for over a week. Not only did this mean endless running after customers, but no dinner hours and very few bathroom breaks to boot. It's tiring as hell with 5 of us on the floor, but with three.......well it stretched us to our limits. Then last week I found out I lost a big sale due to an error made by one of the girls in the office. When I spoke to the ball-less asshole we loosely call our manager, he basically told me tuff beans, these things happen, get over it. And he really didn't give a shit about my customer, or the fact that she was rightfully upset about the whole ordeal. Well, it literally made me ill to know that even though I can write a sale perfectly, I can lose it all at any time, and there are no resources to back me up. I cried, I was so upset. Not only did I lose money, but a current customer and a future one as well, as she was going to buy more things from me in the future. I don't need this shit. I had to come home from work on Monday because I was feeling lousy, like I had the flu or something, but I truely believe that part of the reason I felt the way I did was due to the stress I felt from the lost sale incident. Well hopefully I won't have to deal with this bullshit much longer. Soooooooo...... my best friend and I have been saying for a long time, that we should be in business together, and we came up with a brilliant idea the other day. And guess what? We're gonna persue it. Hell ya! Can't say much about it yet, as we don't believe there is anything out there like it, and we don't want anyone beating us to the punch. So till we have everything wrapped up legally, mums the word. Exciting indeed! Turning lemons into lemonade we are!! Yup, yup!
 
posted by Barbie C. at 10:38 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: